Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Bradley Classes

So I have debated whether or not to blog about this but I have decided what the heck...so here is goes. As you may remember me talking about when discussing our decision to choose nature child birth, the decision came with a lot of research. One topic in particular was that of Bradley Classes. I wont bore you with the details but if you are really interested, I would encourage you to check out this site to learn more about The Bradley Method. In a nutshell though, they are basically classes that help guide you through the process of natural childbirth. Do you have to be going drug free to take them, absolutely not, but that is what the classes are tailored towards so you definitely discuss the ins and outs of labor and techniques to help you through it.

Okay...that being said, the birth center we are using HIGHLY recommended one Bradley instructor. Hubby and I debated back and forth because she was more expensive, the only classes we could attend were on Saturdays (which meant no more working with my dad...aka no more extra dough), and they were REALLY far from our house. Ultimately we decided to just suck it up and go with who the birth center suggested.

We had our first class about 4 weeks ago and let's just say we have since then found a new instructor. I wont go into the gory details but I will just say the house was stinky, kinda dirty, and the dogs outside were being kept in less than awesome conditions. When I say "less than awesome conditions", I mean that Hubby and I almost immediately left as soon as we arrived. We stuck it out for the first class but after discussing matters further with each other, my parents, and one of the midwives at the birth center, we decided to switch.

We ended up finding an AWESOME woman that lived MUCH closer to us, had a much smaller class size, and we were able to do the classes during the week which meant Hubby could work on Saturdays and we wouldn't have to stop in the middle of our day to drive an hour away. All in all, it was a good move. We have had two classes so far, three more to go and I would really love to share what we have learned so far!

That being said...you know I can't just give it to you all at once so check back tomorrow to find out what we discussed in our first class! : )

Happy Baby!

1 comment:

Ashley Mc said...

Can't wait to hear all about it, and I can't WAIT to see you!