Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Garden Update!

So as you may or may not remember, Hubby decided to start a garden. Well people, we are officially in business! I have recently cut lettuce for salads, snipped cilantro and basil for dinner, and oh...my...word...


we are growing cucumbers! I know, I know...they look more like gerkins right now BUT wow...who knew?! And so cool to see how these veggies actually grow in nature. I had no idea that my cucumbers were born out of beautiful yellow flowers!

And check this out...


two out of our three tomato plants are starting to sprout tomatoes! SO CUTE!

Also, did you know that cilantro grows flowers??


I had no idea!

This is what we started with...and this is what we have now!


Happy Gardening!

3 comments:

Me said...

I love your cilantro flowers!!!!

YAY FOR TOMATOES!!! MY FAVORITE!!!!! Mmmmmm we used to eat them fresh from the garden with salt, just like apples!! =)

As for the cucumbers, don't let hem get too big or they won't be any good!! My Nona yelled at me for mine one year HAHAHA She said THEYRE RUINED! THEYRE RUINED! ALL SEEDS!! ALL SEEDS! =)~

Leslie said...

I'm sooooo proud of your garden!! You will have big ripe tomatoes and cucumbers before you know it! :) How cute are the flowers too?

dsimon3 said...

Yay for Cilantro...Mmmmm, my favorite in SO MANY recipes...You are my 'token' Mexican! ;0)
Love, Deb