Wednesday, July 15, 2009

...

So as you might figured out from my last post...I am without grandparents. It's totally cool, I have come to terms with it and I had a maternal grandmother and a paternal grandfather for a number of years so I did get some grand parent love!

My Gram died in September of 2005. It was hard...I would be lying if I said it wasn't. We knew it was coming, it wasn't a surprise, but I don't know that knowing that made it any easier.

Our recent trip to Utah was the first time that I had been back since she passed away. The last time we were there, it was an emotional time. It was the time we buried her, it was the last time we stayed in her house...the house my mom grew up in and the house I spent nearly every Christmas in, and the last time I was there, I watched people pillage through her stuff in an estate sale, which I would just as soon forget.

I miss her a lot. I have always hoped that I would dream about her or she would come "visit" me in a dream. It hasn't happened yet but maybe I am just not ready.

We did go drive by her house though. The house where I have so many memories. I took this picture...and when I looked at it when I got home it made me smile...



I would like to think that maybe those rays are her smiling or at least just a reminder that she is watching over us.

Sorry for the somber post! Just reflective more than anything.

Hugs Hugs Kiss Kiss (that was our sign off! :) )

No comments: