Wednesday, June 24, 2009

HERB CRUSTED PORK LOIN

So every Sunday morning, I sit at our kitchen table and clip coupons, write out my grocery list and plan our dinners for the week...exciting, I know. Sometimes I get creative (especially if I just received a new magazine in the mail), sometimes I search the pantry trying to come up with new ideas, and sometimes I fall on old standbys.

Tonight's dinner was one I found recently and is very YUMMMMMMY and very easy, therefore, I am going to share it! I hope you try it, love it, and pass along to someone else. (and next time I will remember to take pictures....sorry!)

HERB CRUSTED PORK LOIN

Served with Rice-A-Roni "Nature's Way" Italian Herb & Cheese Rice ...again, super easy and DELICIOUS.



AND (because I was SUPER hungry) Birds Eye Steamfresh Sweet Peas...DOUBLE YUM!

(pretend these are peas instead of corn)

First and foremost...don't let the name fool you. Herb Crusted Pork Loin is really just herbs (that can be fresh or dried) rubbed on the the pork and stuck in the oven...SIMPLE...I PROMISE!

Second...I am bad at measuring...especially when I make the recipe for only my hubby and I...so just go with it and feel free to ask any questions.

Ingredients you will need:
Olive Oil
Salt
Pepper
Oregano (fresh or dried)
Thyme (fresh or dried)
Rosemary (fresh or dried)
Pork Loin



So I typically just get the individually packed Hormel Pork Loins. They are usually very lean and are the perfect size for my hubby and I. If you plan on making this for more than 2 people, I would recommend 2 loins. Unless you are making this for 3 women...then one is enough. When you throw a hungry man stomach in the mix...it changes everything.

PREHEAT OVEN TO 475 degrees.

1. The easiest way to cook the loin is on a roasting pan. If you do not have a pan that comes with a grate that sits up, away from the bottom of the pan...no biggie, we will just have to flip during cooking.

2. Line your pan with foil...this makes for SUPER easy clean up which I am all about.

3. If you are using fresh herbs (either from your own garden...ha, I wish...or from the produce section), grab a handful of each kind and mince until fine. You want your herb mixture to still have texture, so don't go TOO crazy. If you are using dried, I would say roughly 1/2 - 1 teaspoon of each will be plenty.

4. Next rinse and dry your pork, placing it in your roasting pan. Trim any excess fat.

5. Rub your pork with a touch of olive oil. Massage half of your herb mixture, salt, and pepper into the pork. Flip and repeat on the other side.

6. If you have a small end, feel free to tuck this end to cook more evenly.

7. Cook for 30 mins.

REDUCE OVEN TEMPERATURE TO 425 degrees

*If you are not using an elevated roasting pan, this would be the perfect time to give your meat a flip. Make sure both sides get some love.

8. Cook for 30 more mins. If your pork loin is larger, you made need additional cooking time. You want the internal temperature to be 155 degrees.

9. Let stand for roughly 3 - 5 minutes before slicing.

Seriously...try this recipe on a Sunday afternoon, for a holiday, or even just a random Wednesday night. It will soon become a favorite and may even become your go to recipe!

Happy Cooking!

No comments: