Friday, June 19, 2009

Friends Forever...(yep like Zach Attack!)

Random post of the day...

I have never been the type that had a million friends. I wasn't the girl in high school who was a part of the "popular" crowd. I didnt have a million friends piled into a limo the night of prom. And although I did have 5 bridesmaids, most of those girls have known me since my extremely awkward stage and they still love me...that says everything.

I am the type of person that has a handful of REALLY good, honest-to-God friends. The kind of friends that you would drop everything for and be there in a matter of minutes, the kind of friends that you know would be there for me no matter what, the kind of friends that I couldn't function without.

Friendship is like any other relationship that you encounter in your life. It is not something that can be neglected or taken advantage of. Friendships need to be nurtured, cared for, respected, and and appreciated. A good friend is something that should be cherished, for those are the people that CHOOSE to love you for you and WANT to be around you, they dont have to, because friendship is not unconditional. Your friends are not born to love you, care about you, or frankly even like you. People are brought together for whatever reason to better each other lives. Some enter our lives only for a brief moment, some stay for a lifetime. Some you feel an instant connection with, some take years to mature.

Make sure the people who truly care about and truly love know what a difference they make in your life. Just like you choose to love them, they choose to love you back.

And that is all I have to say about that!

Happy Friday! Happy Friendship!

"Friends forever" Zack Attack

Shared via AddThis

No comments: