Thursday, November 5, 2009

Halloween Rice Krispy Treats!

So I know I am a little late but I just can't resist sharing these.



Hubby and I were invited to a Halloween party last Friday night by our neighbors a couple of houses down. Adorable couple, about our age, expecting their first baby in January! I was so excited to tell them about our little punkin because hopefully our kids will grow up together!

Anywho...they invited us to their shin-dig and I just can't show up to a party empty handed. I have had a WICKED crazy craving for rice krispy treats lately. So bad that I actually already had all the stuff I needed in the pantry!

On Thursday I made one cookie sheet of regular treats and one sheet of chocolate (Cocoa Krispies). I doubled the recipe for them to make sure I had enough. I stacked them on top of each other with plastic wrap in between and put another cookie sheet on top and weighted it down with cans...just to make sure they were good and compacted.

Then on Friday, I used Halloween cookie cutters to cut out ghosts and pumpkins from the regular ones and hats, cats, and bats (HA!) from the chocolate. I was planning on decorating them (with my homemade buttercream but you can definitely just use store bought icing) all but I got tired after the hats and pumpkins...and the bats were a pain in the butt so...

I think they turned out super cute and can be done for any holiday depending on your cookie cutters! So easy and fun you should try them!

Happy Belated Halloween!

1 comment:

Me said...

You're so crafy!!!! Now I want to make Thanksgiving Treats!! hahahahaa. Or just Weekend Treats. I want RICE KRISPIE TREATS!!!!! :)