Wednesday, November 18, 2009

A GREAT phone call!

So I just received a phone call from the ADORABLE receptionist/blood taker/I do everything girl at the birth center. And although they did not have all the results back from the FOUR tubes of blood they took yesterday, they did get my hCG (Human Chorionic Gonadotropin) levels back...aka the preggers hormones (these are what give you a positive home pregnacny test)...and they are VERY high! 150,245 to be exact! She said that is right in line with where we think I am gestationally AND it is very surprising that I don't feel sick because most people would at this point! I am keeping my fingers crossed that things continue this way!

I am so glad she called because despite all the at home tests I have done (I plead the 5th on how many I have ACTUALLY taken) and despite Hubby constantly reassuring me that I am infact pregnant, I was disappointed and kind of worried when we couldn't hear the heartbeat yesterday. The phone call made my day and I just can't wait until tomorrow! I will keep you posted and maybe we will even have a picture!

Happy Hormones!

No comments: