Tuesday, November 17, 2009

First Appointment!

Hubby and I had our first official appointment at the birth center!



We met with Cherie (one of the two midwives) at 2:00PM this afternoon. She asked lots of questions, took some blood (A LOT of blood actually), and tried to hear the heart beat. She was not able to hear anything but she said that it is a little early AND she is not quite sure how far along I actually am! We are scheduled for a sonogram on Thursday afternoon, so hopefully we will find out then (and get to see the heart beat!).

She was surprised to hear that I had decided on using a midwife before I was even pregnant and I was excited to tell her that my mind had been made up since the age of 18 and I just had a really patient and understanding husband!

I was disappointed about the heartbeat but I am looking forward to Thursday! Maybe then, it will seem a little more real!



Regardless, we are both pretty excited!

Happy Baby!

1 comment:

Me said...

awww that's awesome Meggles!!!! I'm so happy for you two!!! I hope you get to hear your punkin's heartbeat tomorrow!! <3 <3