Wednesday, February 17, 2010

2-4 Inches of Snow Predicted

So last Thursday, us Texans sure got a surprise! We have had a pretty cold (cold for us mind you) winter this year and we have had quite a bit of rain and seen snow twice! So last Thursday, snow was in the forecast again, 2-4 inches if that. I woke up to let the dogs out at my usual time (5:00AM...dont judge) and thought I had left the backporch light on but instead realize that it was this!
I immediately flipped on the weather, heard it was going to be passing over us soon but would start back up again that afternoon. I got ready for work and anxiously waited for Hubby to wake up! I didn't want him to miss it! Needless to say he was less excited than I was and didn't even get up to make sure I was telling the truth! Men! : ) Anywho...I went to work and throughout the morning...it just kept snowing...and snowing...and snowing. BIG, FAT flakes mixed with small, light flakes mixed with normal, "everyday" snow. It was beautiful. By around 1:00PM, my boss' wife was getting nervous, my mom was getting nervous, and even Hubby thought it might be a good idea to think about heading home. When he suggests it...I know to listen. I left work around 2:30-3:00 and got home just in time to see this...

and this...
oh and this...
and this...
and finally this...
And it pretty much kept snowing for the rest of the day. It was forecasted to stop in the evening but ended up snowing until around 1:00AM on Friday morning. Needless to say...work was canceled. SWEET! It was so beautiful, until we realized it was burying our trees and eventually snapped one. Oh well...not much damage and not as much as other people in our neighborhood. The dogs paws have been a pain BUT that is okay! I will take this...

5:00AM

3:00PM

7:00AM

ANY day!

Happy Winter!

1 comment:

Me said...

Those pics are WONDERFUL!!! And I'm so glad that YOU were excited! And I humbly request you Texans keep all of CT's snow THERE. I HATE IT!!!! =)~