Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Santa...already?!

There was a definite chill in the air this morning! I was taking out the trash at 6:30ish (I like to do it when it is still dark to avoid anyone seeing my in my PJs and/or when I am not yet wearing a boob holder). Anywho...there was a distinctive chill, a slight breeze, and a crispness that could only mean one thing....FALL IS COMING!

This summer was a warm one. Although we got some rain towards the end, I was done with summer (much like I always am) around July-ish. You would think living in Texas, you would eventually get used to it but that has not happened as of yet.

I am ready for fall. I am ready for long sleeves and scarves (although I have already worn one twice!) and changing leaves (not so much ready for the hell that is bagging them but whatever) and all that comes with the end of the year, which includes my mother decorating the hell out of her house. She bitches about it every year and curses herself for doing it BUT if she didn't, it just wouldn't be the same.

Which, by the way, Hobby Lobby had all their Christmas stuff 50% when I stopped by yesterday! WHAT?! It is not even October yet! They have already replaced all the Halloween stuff with Thanksgiving stuff! I need some transitioning time people!!

Speaking of which, I am still debating with myself about putting up Christmas decorations. I don't know why but this year I am just not as interested as in years past. We will see. Maybe as we get closer, I will change my mind but as of now, our brand new tree might have to wait for a 2010 unveiling.

Regardless of my decoration plans, I am ready for cooler temperatures and crisp evenings! I AM READY FALL...COME AND GET ME!

Happy Autumn!

No comments: