Friday, August 7, 2009

My Wonderful Evening.

Okay so I know I haven't been blogging much lately and I think it is because I feel like I have to include pictures with each post. I am going to overcome that today so if you are looking for pictures...check back this weekend...if you are ready for some wit...keep a readin!

Last evening was spent with Hubby running errands. I don't know what it is but I just LOVE being with him! I guess I shouldn't be too surprised, we are the HAPPY HOLLADAYS! (*insert cough and lack of laughter) We seriously went to PetSmart, Lowe's, The Post Office, Home Depot and Dickey's BBQ (I didn't feel like cooking), and I just had so much fun.

We picked out on sale toys from PetSmart. We take our time. Choosing the appropriate dog toys is not something that can be done on a whim. I have to squeak each prospect at least three times, I have to feel from the amount of stuffing that will eventually be spread all over the house, and I have to contemplate if it is capable of breaking anything when being tossed in the air by Vegas or violently destroyed by Bailey. We left with three different toys, one of which was a 4-pack! SCORE! (I realized this morning that I had a PetSmart gift card in my wallet...DAMN! That would have helped with the $65 bill...we had to get dog food too).

Then to Lowe's. Oh Lowe's. How you drain our bank account so easily!

Bailey decided to use the landing that is the midway point from downstairs and upstairs as her personal latrine. DELICIOUS! Since we also have a skylight there, the sun bakes that area and therefore the pee smell has become more than the both of us can handle. We borrowed a carpet cleaner from a friend but it just didn't do the job that we were hoping for.

We have decided to replace that carpet with wood, since it will tie the downstairs with the game room...BRILLIANT! We have the wood, we just need the glue...hence the trip to Lowe's. Didn't find it there, who knew there were so many different options?! Hubby...that's who!

Then to the post office...nothing exciting there except for a girl who had parked in the middle of the parking lot. People are so random.

Then Home Depot to look again for glue...no dice...Hubby has decided to order it from work. Good call.

Off to Dickey's. Not the best BBQ in the world but Hubby wanted more of those signature GIANT yellow cups. That's right, we ordered to go and left with 4 new cups. (FYI...$.50 each) He uses them for coffee. Yes, for coffee. To the top mind you. No judgements.

Hubby was such a good sport and watched all but the last 15 minutes of So You Think You Can Dance with me. Then at 10:00PMish he began removing the carpet from the landing...he picks the most appropriate times but he is so dang handy that I can't complain TOO much. Got everything up. Every last stinkin' staple and there is now a palm tree rug in it's place. Perfect.

I'm sure this weekend he will break down and buy glue because he just can't help himself but we shall see. I will DEFINITELY post pictures of that.

Happy Stinky Carpet!

No comments: