Thursday, August 20, 2009

Crossing my Fingers...

So Hubby and I are on a budget. We have decided to quit talking about it and actually stick to it. My meal planning got all out of whack this week because he went to Wichita Falls (he is already home so you can't come rob me...and we have a gun), so I have pieces of my planned meals left over.

I realized yesterday at work that I didn't know what I was going to do for dinner tonight. I am trying to learn how to take what I have and make something with it so that is exactly what I am doing tonight!

Pizza sounded REALLY good but I didn't want to go to the store and buy pizza crust so I thought to myself,

"Self...people back in the day didn't have canned pizza dough...why cant you make it?"

"Well self", I said "because every time you have attempted to make dough it turned to mush, a brick, or inedible...but good luck you cheap-o!".

So...last night in between my GIANT cupcake cake and yoga I made pizza dough! It actually rose like it was supposed to. Was actually stretchy and smooth like it was supposed to be. And it is now sitting in my fridge waiting to be floured, rolled, topped, and baked.

I have a 1/3 of a block of mozzarella, one chicken breast, cherry tomatoes, and some cilantro....oh and red onion (and a zucchini but I will be omitting him). This should be interesting!

Happy Experimenting!

1 comment:

Hannah Biffel said...

Hey this is Hannah, I love reading your blogs, they're cute! BTW, I figured I would tell you that I have an awesome recipe for a quick (no rise) pizza crust that's super easy and tasty if you want it. I love to make homemade pizza now since I've discovered it. I hate spending unnecessary money on store bought items I know I could make myself, so I don't blame ya! Either way, email me if you want that recipe. ddivahannah@gmail.com