Monday, August 17, 2009

Day Three

Well I have embarked on the journey known as the 30-Day Shred with Jillian Michaels. Apparently everyone was aware of this DVD but me...oh well...better late than never?! I say that as a question because I am not sure it was such an amazing discovery.

So day one was on Saturday morning. Everyone was still asleep so I shredded at 6:30AM before taking Bailey for a walk. By the time we got back home, I could barely move. Throughout the day I was okay as long as I didn't move to fast, sit down, or stay stagnant for any long period of time. Awesome.

Yesterday morning was a chore just getting out of bed but once I got moving I was good to go. The thighs were the worst but I just kept pushing, despite my need to brace myself on anything stationary. To reward myself I promptly made two batched of Monkey Bread...okay so it wasn't a reward, just a recipe I wanted to try, but it magically made my legs feel better so I just kept eating it.

Last night I somehow convinced Hubby to shred with me. Although he was crying by the end, or maybe that was me, he made it through. Don't know that he will ever do it again but the girl in the green sports bra with the wash board abs may help. Bitch.

This morning I am moving slow but pushing through. It is a good pain. Kind of how I felt after drill team camp in high school, and that tidbit of info about me is for another post entirely. Waking up those muscles that I should be activating but just don't get much of a workout while I am eating. I don't know if I can make it through today but I am sure going to try. I kind of feel like Jillian is watching me and judging me, and let's be honest...who wants to be on that bad side?!

Happy Shredding!

No comments: