Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The Poodle Cake!


So do you remember when I told you that I was "testing" a cake recipe for a friend's birthday. Well...here is said cake and if I do say so myself, it turned out PRETTY STINKIN' CUTE! I am 100% not an artist, frankly I can't even draw a good stick figure BUT I can somehow draw on a cake....I still don't understand it. Granted, when I saw "draw" it does involve me looking at an example and "sketching"/drawing it out with a toothpick on the cake first.

Regardless...this cake turned out better than I expected and the birthday boy, Bob, really enjoyed it. Who is Bob, you ask? Bob is a really good friend of Hubby and I's and is actually the reason that Hubby and I are together today! Hubby and him were roommates and him and I were good friends...and the rest is history. : )

Anyways...Bob is what one might call a "poodle rancher" and by one, I mean me. Him and his wife started with one toy poodle, which led to two, which led to three, which led to breeding two of them, which led to six, but has now left them with four! FOUR! I thought three was a lot!

I was given creative license with his birthday cake and frankly this was the first thing I thought of! : ) It turned out cute, the cake was delicious, and he had a great 32nd birthday! Couldnt ask for much more!

Happy Birthday Bob!

3 comments:

Me said...

That cake is SPECTACULAR!!!!!!

You crack me up hahahahaha a poodle. lol.

I have the same issue as you - I can't draw a stick figure, but I can design/draw ON things. Very odd.

Megan said...

Thanks! His eyes are a little scary but his jerry curl just cracks me up! : )

Me said...

LOL It's ALL perfect!!!!! =)
You've motivated me to make Joe a Lucy cake for his birthday!!!!