Thursday, August 12, 2010

And the baby cries....

When P was first born, he slept...and slept...and slept. He cried occasionally but not really that often. SWEET! We have created the perfect baby!


Being a new mom...I blame my naivety. He is no longer so silent. BUT I will say, it is oddly less annoying when it is your own kid crying than any other kid. That being said...at 3:00AM, it is still difficult.

I think the hard part is trying to figure out what he wants. Although it would feel less urgent, if he laughed when he was hungry...it would be so much easier! I know this is just another phase...I can't imagine he will cry when he is hungry forever...right...?! 24 and crying when he wants a bowl of cereal...but then again at 24 I hope he isn't crying to ME when he wants a bowl of cereal...

Oh and I think he is going to start crying actual tears soon. For those of you who don't know (because I sure didn't), their tear ducts aren't fully functioning when they are born therefore when they cry, there are no tears...which makes it a lot less painful as a mother when you cant figure out what the hell he wants...but I fear when the tears come...it will pretty much be heartbreaking. Ill keep you posted.

Happy Faces!

No comments: